ND-Series Cylindrical Locks, Lever Designs
Extra Heavy Duty Commercial Cylindrical Locks
Schlage's completely redesigned ND-Lock sets a new standard in grade 1 security. The ND-Lock has been designed to provide:
- Outstanding Performance - Meets BHMA standards at 3,000,000 cycles, nearly 4 times the industry standard
- Increased Strength - up to 5 times the industry benchmark
- Code Compliance - meets ADA and fire life and safety codes
- Simplified Installation - Installs in less than two minutes
- More Aesthetic Options - More lever and finish designs including the Omega lever and satin nickel finish
- Cost of Ownership - Significantly reduced cost of ownership over the lifetime of the lock.
The ND-Locks are designed for commercial, institutional and industrial use in facilities such as schools, hospitals and factories where a long life of dependable operation must be combined with a high degree of resistance to physical abuse. A full range of functions is available to meet all application needs. In addition, the popular functions of all lever designs are available in Vandlgard, where the lever is free-wheeling in the locked position to resist more forceful attacks.
- Applications: Extra heavy duty residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial applications. Interior and exterior doors for schools/universities, hospitals/healthcare facilities, offices, factories, public buildings, religious, retail, and government facilities.
- Certifications: ANSI A156.2, 1996, Series 4000 Grade 1. UL Listed.
- Keying: 6-Pin Everest C123 keyway standard with two patented nickel silver keys per lock. Other keying options available from the factory include master keying, grand master keying, construction keying, and interchangeable core. Classic Primus or Everest Primus® cylinders are also available.
- The door range is 1 5/8"-2 1/8" standard except for the ND85 which is 1 3/4"-2". The 1 3/8 door thickness requires 2 spacers in order to fit and must be specified or ordered separately.
- Backset: 2 ¾" (70 mm) standard. 2 3/8" (60 mm) and 3 ¾" (95 mm) backset latches available. 5" (127 mm) backset link available.
- Exposed Trim: Levers are pressure cast zinc, plated to match finishes. Roses are solid brass plated to match finishes.
- Warranty: Seven-year limited warranty for all functions including Vandlgard.
605 - Bright Brass
606 - Satin Brass
612 - Satin Bronze
613 - Oil Rubbed Bronze
619 - Satin Nickel
625 - Bright Chromium Plated
626 - Satin Chromium Plated
Latches & Strikes
Adjustable brass or bronze latch faceplates and strikes, furnished in compatible lock trim finishes.
- Latch Bolt: Steel, ½" (12 mm) throw, deadlocking on keyed and exterior functions. ¾" (19 mm) throw anti-friction latch available for pairs of fire doors.
- Strikes: ANSI curved lip strike 1 ¼" x 4 7/8" (32 mm x 124 mm), 1 3/16" (30 mm) to center standard. Optional strikes, lip lengths and ANSI strike box available.
- Cylindrical lock housing. Cold rolled steel, corrosion treated for normal atmospheric conditions
- Key removable outside knobs for easy cylinder replacement
- Solid brass 6-pin cylinders
- No exposed mounting screws
- Exceeds 800,000 cycle ANSI Grade 1 requirements by nearly 4 times (3,000,000 cycles)
ND-Series locks are available for electrically locking and unlocking controls for high security and fire safety applications. They are UL Listed and rated for both fire and electrical single point locking on labeled doors. Refer to the lock function pages for functions and design availability.
Electrical Requirements: 24V AC, .35 amps or 24V DC, .15 amps.
Operating Temperature: Maximum +151 1/2F, Minimum -31 1/2F